Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Could've Told You That...


When I first told my Mom I was a fan of the ganja a few years back she wasn't too pleased. It wasn't the weed itself that bothered her, but the idea of me driving high all the time. Countless times I attempted to explain to her that, if anything, I drove SAFER when I was high but she wasn't having it.

I finally have some evidence to support my argument though, as researchers from Hartford Hospital and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine did a study and found that smoking weed has at most a minimal impact on driving performance...

"Smoking THC cigarettes caused drivers to drive slower in a dose-dependent manner, while alcohol caused drivers to drive significantly faster than in 'control' conditions."


I was over at Yosh's house last night kicking it before a dorm reunion and he was just putting this tray of brownies in the oven.

We kept it OG and played a few games of Jenga while waiting for the brownies.



JaffeJu

3 comments:

  1. To Julian:

    the nba finals poll is biased.due to the LA influence..obviously..LOLZZZZZ

    sincerely,

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Subjects performed the tests sober and then again 30 minutes after smoking a single marijuana cigarette containing either 2.9 percent THC or zero THC (placebo)." 2.9 is STRESSSS, guess thats how they get down in conneticut and iowa, rollin up some barley will get you just as high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to get down with that jenga! haha.

    Interesting study. I'll be sure to read up on it for the next time my parents bring up the smoking and driving talk. lol

    ReplyDelete