Monday, June 7, 2010

Cee-Lo- Stray Bullets Mixtape


This mixtape is a complete 180 from the majority of music that gets posted on here. I've been a fan of Cee-Lo since his debut solo album Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections. I used to get shit from my friends for listening to him in High School but go figure he ended up becoming huge after the success of Gnarls Barkley. This has been a great change of sound from the Cam, Freddie Gibbs, and Curren$y that has been occupying my iPod lately. I'd even go as far as saying that Cee-Lo is the most talented musical artist right now for any genre. Tell me I'm wrong.





JaffeJu

2 comments:

  1. drake is garbage but "...Cee-lo is the most talented musical artist for any genre." I wouldve stopped reading at that point, but you already knew that since you put it at the end. He's good but there's no way he's even close to the praise your giving him... and you have to admit "any genre" is a stretch bigger than Mr. Fantastic. YOUR WRONG lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I had a feeling that Drake comment would come back to haunt me haha.

    But seriously if you look at Cee-Lo's catalogue it's hard to deny his range and the fact that he's found success in several different genres. Did his thing rapping as a part of Goodie Mob, plenty of collabs with OutKast and Dungeon Family. Did the soul/jazz/rap thing with his two solo joints. Was a success mainstream with Gnarls Barkley and even wrote hits for the Pussycat Dolls and Jennifer Hudson.

    He's been in the game going on 18 years now...definitely deserving of the the high praise

    ReplyDelete